Saturday 31 May 2008

Idle random thoughts whilst laying bricks

The Client doesn't like Wings of Desire. She got up and left the cinema after fifteen minutes. She says that real people don't have profound philosophical thoughts about the meaning of life when they're sat in the metro. She says that they're thinking about things like 'is there enough cat litter to last out the week?'

Do you ever get the feeling that you're watching the movie of your life? Just like in the cinema you watch the hero and say to yourself 'Why is he doing that? I certainly wouldn't do that if I was in his shoes' but the guy justs carries on regardless of your thoughts on the subject. Somewhere in me there's a spectator in the front row seat with a big bucket of popcorn and the answer, but I'M NOT LISTENING.

What else should I write about? After all I'm only building a wall. After you've recovered from the excitement of the first course it's like watching paint dry. The cement burns my skin till it bleeds. The rubber gloves would help but I loose contact with the mortar. On the sack the instructions suggest that the mortar should be 'unctuous'. How could I tell whether or not it was 'unctuous' through rubber gloves?

2 comments:

the petunia girl said...

I totally relate with the client.
As for the mortar onctuosité, in order to spare your hands from burning, I suggest you obeserve the consistency of the mortar with your eyes and give your tcatile senses a rest.
Bon, enough avec ces conneries, must go back to work.

The Architect said...

Dear petunia girl,
It's so disheartening that someone with such an evocatively sensual nom de plume would echo the negation of a higher level of consciousness whilst sat in the metro.

As for the unctuosité.....thanks enormously for the advice