Monday 29 June 2009

hot off the press


The scaffolding team arrive at seven. They are five. I am one. It is twenty going on thirty....


The scaffolding is attached to the house with an anchor every 20 square metres. As the façade progressed I worked around the anchors leaving holes in first the insulation and then the timber cladding. These holes now need to be filled as the scaffolding is taken down. So I fill in the missing bits as the scaffolding comes down around around my ears. My terra firma for the last 4 months starts swaying like an enormous jelly. I'm so used to my giant solid steel shelving system that the first time it sways I swear blind I'm pushing the house over with the screw I'm driving home.

By three all is finished.....

Everyone, with the exception of the cat, is pleased to see the scaffolding go.

It's just like unwrapping a big birthday present. The Skater says its 'futurist'. I think he really meant to say 'modern' and is not referring to the triumph of speed and technology over nature in early twentieth century Italy. But one never can tell with The Skater.

The Client will be pleased.

Stay tuned. This is not the end.

5 comments:

r/w said...

Beautiful

Well done

The Architect said...

Thank you

Unknown said...

Whaaouh une nouvelle maison dans le quartier!...
super boulot et superbe résultat.
Bravo the Architect. The client a de quoi être satisfaite.
Si tu ne sais pas quoi faire pendant l'été on aurait éventuellement un pignon à habiller de bois...
@+

nous said...

Derrière visaction se cachent Moa et Toa!...

The Architect said...

Merci MOA et TOA.
Je vois que vos exploits ne ralentissent pas avec les volumes double hauteur mettant en valeur merveilleusement vos charpentes.

En conseil pour le pignon, je suis volontaire mais pour la partie physique, je pense que je vais profiter un peu de l'été.
Je commence aujourd'hui en position allongée devant le plus grand événement sportif du monde.