Wednesday 10 December 2008

The right tool


This one’s for mdw who, without realising the awful truth, suggested that I might be kitted up like ‘Bob ze Builder’.
‘Bob ze Builder’ has had exposure here in France, having been liberally sprinkled over the hexagon via multiple satellite channels. Unlike the UK though, the adult population over here has not yet started behaving like Bob. The British mass ‘do-it-yourself’ ‘makeover’ hysteria has yet to be seen in France.

So I suppose I’m a bit avant-garde.

The Skater’s not of the same opinion. He took one look at my orderly organisation of spare garage space, muttered ‘geek’ under his breath and left quickly for an appointment with some poor unsuspecting urban landscaping project.

The Client, drawing on her experience as a psychology graduate back in the 80’s suggested that it was essentially ‘a male thing’ and didn’t think it was a problem as long as I could still maintain eye contact.

Next week I’ll show you my power tools.

1 comment:

mdw said...

Dude! That's one wicked set of tools!