Saturday 27 January 2007

Version Originale vs. Version Française

I’ve had a request, to make the blog bilingual.

This means a bit of extra effort on my part. So to make life easier I’ve asked The Client if she could lend a hand with rereading my translations. Her job will be to make sure all those elusive subtleties of the French language, that still escape me after all these years, are tweaked into a form that won’t offend the gallic ear. The grammatical ‘quality control’ will, of course, mean a slight time lag before the French translation comes online.

So, if you’re a French monoglot, and you want the latest update hot off the blog you’re just going to have to start taking those lessons.

I speak Wall Street English!

And remember - A recent Canadian study has shown that people who are monolingual are at a disadvantage with the onset of senility compared to bilingual people.

No comments: